Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Task Name

File Upload

Description

Prerequisites
  1. Tested on 5.4 beta
  2. Tested on UCSD 6.0 (see side notes)
  3. Tested on 6.0.1.1 this does not work (bug is filed)
  4. This is part of UCSD 6.5 Alpha and I have tested it.
CategoryWorkflow
ComponentsvSphere 5.x
User Inputs
  1. userid to change to
OutputInstructions for Regular Workflow Use:
  1. Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
  2. Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
  3. Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
  4. Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
  5. Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
  6. Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
  7. Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
  8. Click "Submit".
  9. A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.

Please remember there is a security aspect to this posting!

Steps:

1      Extract the zip file and upload the jar to /opt/infra/inframgr

2       Edit run.sh and update the class path with the jar name ‘fileupload.jar’

[root@CUCSD_Primary inframgr]# cat run.sh

java -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=security.policy -cp .:fileupload.jar:inframgr.jar:google-gson.jar:java-xmlbuilder-0.6.jar:vmguest.jar:vim25-wsdl.jar:vijava60compat.jar:vijava55b20130927.jar:ssoclient-wsdl.jar:srm.jar:pbm-wsdl.jar:jaxen-1.1-beta-6.jar:dom4j-1.6.1.jar:velocity-1.6.2.jar:velocity-1.6.2-dep.jar:jclouds-vcloud-1.0-beta-7.jar:jclouds-terremark-1.0-beta-7.jar:jclouds-scriptbuilder-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:jclouds-log4j-1.0-beta-7.jar:jclouds-jsch-1.0-beta-7.jar:jclouds-core-1.0-beta-7-jar-with-dependencies.jar:jclouds-compute-1.0-beta-7.jar:vcloud-java-sdk-1.5.0.jar:rest-api-schemas-1.5.0.jar:syslog4j-0.9.43-bin.jar:maverick-all.jar:slf4j-log4j12-1.7.6.jar:slf4j-api-1.7.6.jar:ss_css2.jar:pd4ml.jar:ojdbc14.jar:classes12.jar:manageontap.jar:mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar:mongo-java-driver-2.11.3.jar:log4j-1.2.15.jar:jxl.jar:junit-4.9b2.jar:json-lib.jar:joda-time-1.6.jar:jfreechart-1.0.13.jar:jcommon-1.0.16.jar:smtp.jar:mailapi.jar:javassist.jar:jssc.jar:guava-15.0.jar:google-gson.jar:flexlm.jar:Vendor_info.jar:EccpressoAll.jar:ehcache-core-2.6.6.jar:aws-java-sdk-1.4.3.jar:jdo2-api-2.3-eb.jar:datanucleus-rdbms-3.0.0-release.jar:datanucleus-core-3.0.0-release.jar:datanucleus-cache-3.0.0-release.jar:datanucleus-api-jdo-3.0.0-release.jar:asm-3.1.jar:ucsd-rest-api-sdk-v2.jar:cuic-client.jar:bonecp-0.8.0.RELEASE.jar:servlet-api.jar:commons-validator-1.4.0.jar:commons-pool-1.6.jar:commons-pool-1.3.jar:commons-net-3.1.jar:commons-logging-1.1.jar:commons-lang-2.2.jar:commons-io-2.0.1.jar:commons-dbcp-1.4.jar:commons-configuration-1.3.jar:commons-compress-1.9.jar:commons-collections-3.2.jar:commons-logging-1.1.jar:httpmime-4.1.3.jar:httpcore-4.1.4.jar:httpclient-4.1.3.jar:commons-httpclient-3.1.jar:commons-codec-1.3.jar:commons-codec-1.7.jar:wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar:saaj.jar:jaxrpc.jar:commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:commons-discovery.jar:commons-discovery-0.2.jar:axis.jar:XmlSchema-1.4.3.jar:xalan.jar:commons-logging.jar:commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar:commons-codec-1.3.jar:stax-api-1.0.jar:jaxb-api-2.0.jar:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1.jar:geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.1.1.jar:geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar:commons-logging-1.1.jar:activemq-jaas-5.2.0.jar:activemq-core-5.2.0.jar:activation-1.1.jar:vision-api-2.5.3.0.jar:iControl.jar: com.cloupia.service.cIM.inframgr.InfraMgrMain $*

3       Restart UCSD

4       Execute the custom-workflow ‘RegisterFileUploadInputType’.

It will register the new input type ‘file upload’. Use this type file uploading.    

5       Execute the workflow ‘execute file upload’.

Unknown.png

For UCSD 6.0 please place the fileupload.jad file into /opt/infra/inframgr/.

Then rename the file to:

mv fileupload.jar patch-fileupload.jar

Restart UCSD application (shelladmin option 3 and 4)

Run the register workflow. (there is  now a check box to have the workflow execute on UCSD startup)

Note:

all patch-<filename>.jar files are picked up automatically by inframgr.

Comments
Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should and has before.

So does UCSd start up with the jar file in place?

eric.ostrom
Community Member

Orf-

Yes, it started up with the jar file in place.

I’m restarting again and will test shortly.

I know it’s probably out of the ordinary … but would it be possible to do a webex?

Sincerely,

-Eric

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not at all, except I am 30,000 feet in the air

I can do a webex on Monday.

Send me an e-mail ogelbric@cisco.com<mailto:ogelbric@cisco.com> and I can set it up.

Orf Gelbrich

Check out UCS Director Workflow INDEX<https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56419> on Cisco Communities Site (Twitter @UCSDGURU)

eric.ostrom
Community Member

Orf-

That’s great!

I’ve already sent the email for a webex reminder.

I’ll send a calendar invite as well.

Sincerely,

-Eric

jianguhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right now we are running UCS Director 6.5.0.0 build 65835.

Does this code work in 6.5?

I tried the fileupload.jar file into /opt/infra/inframgr/

and edited runprod.sh and update the class path with the jar name ‘fileupload.jar’.

Then rename the file to:

mv fileupload.jar patch-fileupload.jar

Restart UCSD application (shelladmin option 3 and 4)

when we run the "execute now" with any workflow, only  "Close" button shown

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is actually now a file up load variable built into UCSD.

NMagnano1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Orf.

I'm able to upload the file, using the file upload variable. But then I dont know how to use the file.

It is stored at /opt/infra/uploads/myuser/tempfolder/file.ext

How can I tranfer the uploaded file to another linux server?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links