Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Activities in UCSD provide a way to generate and control global variables across workflows.

The activities set up can be found here:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 4.56.46 PM.png

'

An activity can contain many variables:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 4.40.08 PM.png

Within a selected workflow you select the activities check box to import the Variables into this workflow:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 4.23.45 PM.png

And then the 4 variables are imported:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 4.54.16 PM.png

Comments
thom.schumacher
Level 1
Level 1

So is this meant to make the entry of variables in a workflow easier? 

If you have one or many variables you can use this activity to have the variables you want to use defined once and then brought in with an activity?

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is more meant when you have workflow A and workflow B and they use the same variables you create the definition only once and import it into workflow A and B

thom.schumacher
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you have to use all the inputs and outputs from an activity and can't be selective. Right?

Also thank you for the reply that cleared up what an activity is for me.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes – has to be the same – hence I have not found good use for it.

The true global variables in UCSD 6.5 are a much better avenue .(Orchestration -> global varaibles)

thom.schumacher
Level 1
Level 1

With that in mind is there quicker way to enter variable mapping when you have a bunch of variables.. Like over 20

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you are in a task and want to map a variable there is a plus button to add it right there. I found that to be the fastest vs creating them all first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links