Views
Helpful
Comments
Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Imported on UCSD 6.0 and task Library is present:

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 6.37.41 AM.png

This is a full open source plugin that implements HP 3PAR storage support in UCS Director.

summary.png

Most common tasks are implemented (creating/editing/deleting volumes, hosts, host sets, volume sets, CPGs, VLUNs, snapshots and copies) as well as a GUI to operate these features.

It is released under an open source MIT-style license.

Downloading & Installing

Visit the releases page for the latest version. You can download the source code and modify it if you wish under the terms of the license.

To install you will first need to enable the WSAPI on your 3PAR array. Login via ssh and issue the following command:

startwsapi

You can check if it's running by issuing:

showwsapi

This plugin currently cannot be distributed as a binary. It's easy to compile it yourself - instructions here.

Once the WSAPI is enabled and the plugin compiled, you can install the UCS Director plugin:

1. Navigate to Administration -> Open Automation
  2. Select Add and select HP3Par-plugin.zip to upload
  3. Once it has finished uploading, select the plugin and click Enable to mark it as active
  4. ssh to your UCS Director installation as shelladmin and select 3 to stop services and y to confirm
  5. Select 4 to start services again

Note: It may take up to 15 minutes for UCS Director to restart during this time. You can view progress by selecting 18.

Once UCS Director has come back online, navigate to Administration -> Physical Accounts, select the Physical Accounts tab and click Add.

Select HP 3Par as the account type and fill out the form to add it. From here you can use it like you would any other storage account in UCS Director.

Issues & Support

There is currently no formal support for this plugin and no warranty is given.

However, please report any problems in the issues page on GitHub.

Screenshots & More Information

A number of screenshots are available if you want to see what it looks like.

Thanks goes out to Russ Whitear for his help and examples with the Nimble Plugin.

For more information and up to date information, visit the GitHub site.

Comments
anothergene
Community Member

All the links on this page are dead and project does not exist under that GitHub group/user.

matday
Community Member

Hi there, this plugin has been temporarily taken offline to ensure it matches Cisco's compliance policy. If you're interested in it, please drop me a private message.

judyjwrps
Community Member

Hi matday, when uploading in open automation I get the error "Please upload the selected file" after it appears to upload successfully and I select the submit button.  I attempted to work around this by uploading HP3Par-plugin.zip to the /opt/infra/uploads/dirxxxxxxxx and then selecting submit but then receive the error "no module properties file found".  In reviewing the infra log I see the error message "Error while validatin g feature java.lang.Exception:  No Module properties file found".  Can you verify if this is an issue with compiling using ANT or something related to UCSD?  Thank you.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not sure what versin you are on, but at some point there was a bug where the dir was not readable and need a chmod.

judyjwrps
Community Member

It’s 5.5.0

Should the dirxxxxxxxxx directories be set to ucsdu and ucsdg instead of root/root?

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mine look like this...

drwxr-xr-x  2 ucsdu ucsdg 4096 Sep 18 11:49 dir1474199356708

drwxr-xr-x  2 ucsdu ucsdg 4096 Sep 18 11:50 dir1474199419263

[root@localhost infra]# ls -ltr | grep uploads

drwxr-xr-x. 106 ucsdu ucsdg   4096 Sep 19 11:07 uploads

[root@localhost infra]#

judyjwrps
Community Member

I changed permissions but still getting this error – No Module properties file found.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

where do you get the zip file from.  I want to test it. but dot seem to see the zip file on git hup.

judyjwrps
Community Member

I downloaded the source from github and compiled using ANT on a centos system. I just tried to follow mattsday instructions.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just sent e-mailto you... and getting you hooked up with Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links