Administrator can feature certain catalog to the end user

Description

Prerequisites
  1. UCSD 6.0
CategoryWorkflow
ComponentsvSphere 5.x
User Inputs
Output

In the new HTML UCSD end user portal there is an option to define featured/banner catalogs:

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.32.16 PM.png

This is done one a per group level.  The place do accomplish this action is:

Login to Admin portal > User and Groups > User Group > Select the ‘Group’ > click on “Catalog Customization”

then select the catalogs which are desired to be displayed.

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 6.49.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 6.49.36 AM.png

Comments
Neil Baillie
Community Member

How can we get 6.0? Looks good.

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The beta program provided access to 6.0, but that is closed at this time due to UCSD 6.0 coming out in a few days. This is just a little pre view on new things that can be done in the portal.

The location to do this was not 100% clear to me and I thought it might be wise to post this to pre empt lots of questions on this topic.

istankov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ha, thanks a lot Orf, i was about to submit request for enhancement but then i found this

I must admit this is highly not-logical place to configure this option from user point of view, me and customer double-checked all the steps (we were sure that publish catalog option is enough) we have performed and were a bit confused

Anyway, i was lucky to find this, thanks again!

P.S if you agree i can post this on techzone and link this document

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am glad you found it help full.  Link away. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links