cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Exchange stores one Unity 7 server

tkuzma1022
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 exchange stores (east/west) both on the same AD domain and I one Unity 7 server on the same domain. I currently trying to migrating from a Unity 4.05 stand alone VMO server to Unity 7 unified communions.

Is it possible to have one Unity 7 unified communications server get to both exchange stores.

I am playing in a DEV environment and I did not see the option for more then one partner exchange server when I was building the Unity 7 server.

I did see some posts that it could be done, its just I am not seeing were to add the second partner exchange store in Unity.

Thanks for your help;

Tom

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

You always only partner with one Exchange server. Where permissions to other servers/storage groups is granted is when you run the Permissions Wizard. You will select these other stores where subscribers will have mailboxes on.

Hope that clarifies,

Brad

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Yes you can have more than one exchange server in the environment but you might not met the bandwidth/latency requirement.

Unity only requires 1 Exchange partner server.

SRND requirement -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg040.html#wp1067017

In your particular case, it's would be best to have a Unity server on each site and enable digital networking.

Rick Mai

We would be a little over the delay times across our DS3 listed in the document you sent.

In case I cannot get funding for a second server and possiable additional license cost , and I want to attempt this from one one site, can I add the second exchange server (again I don't see where to add a second server) server or just run the permissions wizard suggested in the previous post?

Running PW will give Unity access to the 2nd Exchange server. You might experience message send/retrieval delay if you're going over a WAN.