cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Public Addresses for PSTN SIP Trunk ob BE4K?

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question from a end user who is thinking of migrating their existing telephony from CME to a BE4000 and moving from Primary rate ISDN to a SIP trunk to the PSTN:

Is it possible to configure two public IP addresses on the BE4000 ? It seems possible on the 3000 and 6000?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that you can do. You can add multiple destinations to the SIP trunk configuration.

Though, I would suggest using a CUBE and not have your CUCM directly access the ITSP through public IP addresses; for the sake of security.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are you trying to accomplish? You mean 2 destination IP addresses to a SIP Trunk so as to achieve redundancy?

Georgios

Exactly so- for redundancy.

Yes, that you can do. You can add multiple destinations to the SIP trunk configuration.

Though, I would suggest using a CUBE and not have your CUCM directly access the ITSP through public IP addresses; for the sake of security.

Georgios

Many thanks for your very prompt reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: