Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3and3 migration with cuwl ?

Hi,

My customer has a callmanager version 4.3 and plans to migrate in version 8.5

Is it possible to use the  3 and 3 program to migrate with the cuwl licensing ?

I searched with the root reference cucm-usr-lic but it seems to be for ucl only

Regards

Philippe

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Absolutely. You can use either program or combine them since startin with 7.1.5/8.0 both licensing models can be combined

Srini

Hi,

I perfectly agree, you can combine UCL and CUWL but how do migrate users in version 4.3 to 8.5  in Cuwl ?

if you use the main ref CUCM-USR-LIC I do not see any option to migrate for my current DLU to a professional license ?

There is a specific program called "3 and 3" but it does not allow this migration.

Cisco pushes toward cuwl, therefore you should propose a way to migrate the previous version.

Is there an other ref to migrate ?

Regards

Philippe

CUWL is preferred since it bundles all the apps plus you can use programs to off set the cost. You need to use CUWL-LIC as the top level SKU and within that there are options to select for users who are currently Cisco UC customers. So there is an option to select CM+Unity as an example which will allow current users who have both CUCM and Unity to migrate at a lower cost to CUWL

The OG has all the details, assuming you have partner access

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9156/products_partner_resources_list.html

Srini

So how many discount do get when we are combing cuwl and 3x3?

scenario 1 total user 2,500 on 4.x version need to upgrade to 8.x

1.Upgrade 1,250 to cuwl - this portion are getting only Discount 72% (Upgrade old + Competitor + CUWL more that half)

2.Upgrade 1,250 to 3x3  - this portion are getting only standare discount

scenario 2 total user 2,500 on 4.x version need to upgrade to 8.x

1.Upgrade 1,250 to cuwl

2.Upgrade 1,250 to 3x3

Option 1 and 2 are getting same base discount 72%  (Upgrade old + Competitor + CUWL more that half)

The 3x3 program is for UCL and NOT for CUWL.   When ordering the migration (upgrade) SKU's within CUWL, we do not allow you to make a selection to UCM for example.  The reduced price reflects the customers sunk cost into UCM, hence the lower price and is not allowed to make a UCM selection.  If the customer indeed wishes to upgrade to newer version of UCM, then that is done via the Product Upgrade Tool, as it always has been.  Likewise, if a customer is purchasing a UCM + UTY migration SKU, both the UCM software and message software / VM will NOT ship.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

John Sunzeri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: