cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8811 BIB Function

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

If I am doing a 3 way adhoc, does the BIB function on the phone act as the bridge for that 3 way adhoc call or do I need a software/hardware bridge resource?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The BIB is only used for barge or recording, if you want to have an ad-hoc conference, a CFB is required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jaimie is correct (+5). In addition BiB can be used for call recording with external application. You will either need to setup CUCM based conference bridge which supports G711 codec only and assign accordingly to MRG/MRGL/DP of the phone, or hardware based (PVDM) bridge on your voice gateway, this is the recommended config.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The BIB is only used for barge or recording, if you want to have an ad-hoc conference, a CFB is required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jaimie is correct (+5). In addition BiB can be used for call recording with external application. You will either need to setup CUCM based conference bridge which supports G711 codec only and assign accordingly to MRG/MRGL/DP of the phone, or hardware based (PVDM) bridge on your voice gateway, this is the recommended config.

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

For some reason, I thought that the DSPs in the phone could be used for 3 way adhoc.   It might have been part of a dream I had. ;)

Hi,

Tagging along here.. We just have an issue on a customer where the 8811 phones do not initiate a conference. Well, looks like they do but it never happens.

We try with 8845 with both HW and SW (CUCM) CFB and it works perfect.. but the 8811 no way they user any of the CFB.. we tried specifying a MRGL on the phone, global.. everything!! 

CUCM is 11 and we upgraded the 8811 FW to 11.5 (before it was 11.something) but still no luck..

Have you seen that when working with 8811 ?

thanks guys

That is strange as the 8845 and 8831 hardware is the same in this regard. I would recommend comparing every setting on the 2 devices as well as the recording profile, etc on the DNs.

That was about the 8811 not the 8831. Turns out that the phone has an issue.. it does not invoke a conference (HW or SW). I found the solution by creating a common phone profile and disabling IPv6 advertising.. remember I had a weird issue in the past with 7841 and that did the trick so I decided to try that and it worked.

We figured that out while being on the phone with the TAC Engineer who was pretty surprised lol. That has been escalated to the BU since it looks as this was not reported. However, creating the common phone profile should not be mandatory.

I just thought I would update you guys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: