cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8961/9951 - Disable MWI on secondary lines?

eschroedertb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of 9951 reception phones with KEMs. The receptionist does not want to see if their non-prime line has voicemail because they think it's distracting. Basically, they do not want to see the red envelope indicator on any of the lines configured on the KEM.

I have set the Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy for these lines to "None", saved the line, reset the phone, physically powered the phone on and off, but no matter what I do the secondary lines still show the MWI. 

Is there some way I can get rid of this thing?

These are 9951 phones with SIP 9.4.1. I am using an 8961 with the same firmware as a test device. My test environment is CUCM 8.5 but the production environment is 10.5. 

Thanks for any help!

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Unity Connection for voicemail? If so, go to Users > find the user > Edit > Message Waiting Indicators and disable MWI for the mailbox associated with the secondary lines.

Brandon

Brandon,

Yes we are using Unity Connection. However, I don't want to disable the MWI entirely, we want to executive who is the end user with the mailbox to see the MWI. We just want to disable it on the phones where the line is configured on the KEM. 

Thanks!

OK. Makes sense. The Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy applies only to the line appearance on the phone where it is configured. Did you change the policy on the phone where you want MWI disabled? After changing to None, did you apply config and reset the phone from the CUCM GUI? Have you tried restarting the Callmanager service?

Brandon

I tried applying the config and resetting the phone, but it didn't occur to me to restart the CM service. I don't know when I'll be able to do that.