Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Denied: CUCM Licensing Bulk Capabilities Assignment for CUPS

Alex Alp Bahar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am building a CUPS 8.5 server. On CUCM 8.5 Administration System->Licensing->Capabilities Assignment->Bulk Assignment is giving me an error.

Access to the requested resource has been denied.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action.

Find and List Capabilities Assignments - Windows Internet Explorer_2011-02-11_12-48-00.jpg

I noticed that the Bulk Assignment button is crossed out with a red sign.

I can assign CUP/CUPS by clicking on the users individually.

Any ideas why this might be happenning?

Regards,

Alp

3 Replies 3

Hi Alp,

That's a defect

CSCtk98330

Currently there is no workaround other than assigning the capabilities manually.

Hope this clarifies things!

Christos

rsmith-inx
Level 4
Level 4

While Bulk Assignment doesn't work in the GUI, it is still possible to do Capabilities Assignment in CUCM 8.5 using the Bulk Administration Tool.  Format the comma-separated file according to the instructions in the View Sample File link in Bulk Administration -> CUPS -> Update CUPS/CUPC Users:

User ID,Enable CUP,Enable CUPC
xmzhou,t,t
ddaiker,t,f
|____|  | |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |
   |    |  |

|    | Enable CUPC (1 char, mandatory)
   |    |
   |     Enable CUP (1 char, mandatory)
   |
   |
   User ID ( 1 to 128 characters,  mandatory)

Upload the file in Bulk Administration -> Upload/Download files as a CUP Users target and Update CUP Users transaction type, then apply the file in the CUPS user update page where you got the sample file.

Hello,

I am getting the same error when doing a bulk assignment. Could you please advise how to assign the capabilities manually?

Regards,

Chandrasen