cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Account Code when customer place a call

ALAIN MAYGEOZ
Level 1
Level 1

My customer would like to "Tag" certain outside phone call from his new CUCM infra. to be able to charge his internal department and to be able to produce billing report based on Tag number. He want to have the ability to "Tag" this call during or at the end of the call from his IP-Phone or from his Personnal communicator ? Did somebody already deploy this type of service ?  And, if it's possible to have the same behavior from the cellular phone would be great ? Thanks in advance Alain from Switzerland  Customer planed infra: CUCM 8.5; CUPS 8.5; Non Cisco IVR (Samwin)

Posted from my mobile device.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review this doc

Client Matter Codes and Forced  Authorization Codes

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hello,

I think regarding your requirement it would be more useful for your case to use CMC (client matter code) since that it can be used to track calls to a certain people , it's like taking a list of codes , insert them and give every employee a unique number which others don't know about so that when you generate a report from the CDR , you can know for sure who did the call for charging purposes.

Amer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello Alain,

There is a feature called CMC , search for it on the SRND and for installing it use the feature and services document , here is a brief about it :

Client Matter Codes (CMC)
• The Client Matter Code (CMC) checkbox is used to track calls to certain numbers when using a
particular route pattern. (For example, a company can use it to track calls to certain clients.)
• If you enable CMC for a route pattern, users must enter a code to reach the intended destination.
• When a user dials a number that is routed through a CMC-enabled route pattern, the system plays a
tone that prompts for the code. The user must enter the correct code in order to complete the call.
• Client Matter Codes appear in the call detail records so that they can be used by the CDR analysis
and reporting tool to generate reports for client billing and accounting.
• The CMC feature is not available if the "Allow overlap sending" checkbox is enabled.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review this doc

Client Matter Codes and Forced  Authorization Codes

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello,

I think regarding your requirement it would be more useful for your case to use CMC (client matter code) since that it can be used to track calls to a certain people , it's like taking a list of codes , insert them and give every employee a unique number which others don't know about so that when you generate a report from the CDR , you can know for sure who did the call for charging purposes.

Amer

Ok, I will check the doc. And any Idea for the cell phone ?

Posted from my mobile device.

I've check the document and it answer to my customer requirment.

last but not least, my customer has a data base with the most phone number that he calls, it is possible to "format" this number to place direct in the CMC code ?

exemple: 8-214-555-1234_555# where 8 is a prefix, 214-555-1234 is the phone number, 555 is the CMC ?

No, that's not possible.

What you dial CUCM considers the dial string and tries to match with the configured dial plan

Only after CUCM selects a route pattern it determines wheter it will ask for FAC and/or CMC and plays the tones indicating you need to dial in the code.

HTH

java

HTH

java