cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activate eth1 mcs7800

simulator00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have CUCM in two nodes cisco MCS 7800, after the jump in electricity in one of our node the first ethernet port stopped working. How can i set a new ip addres for the second port?

I tried it to do it in cli, but after save the conf still showing me eth0 with old ip addres and not my have installed a new ip address. The failover cluster didn't set, also i tried disable the first port and the same problem, couldn't active the second ethernet port.

Thank for help!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On MCSs you could not configure the secondary NIC as that was meant only for HA, so it would use the config from eth0 in case it failed.

You can try that, however, if your eth0 already failed, I'm not sure if it would work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What's mean HA -  high availability ? How can i define is my eth0 works now or not? The indicate of first port doesn't show nothing and the link status on ILO the same. The second port is fine. 

Here i've found that can configure the NICs in an active-passive manner https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-use-the-a-secondary-nic-on-the-cisco-callmanager-and/ta-p/3119679

But i couldn't find the way where do it.

Yes, high availability.

I can't recall the commands for that, it's been like 7-8 years since I last used an MCS, you can use the ? in CLI mode to get the different commands and try to find the right one as that command no longer exists in recent releases of CUCM as HA is now handled via ESXi.

As mentioned, as your NIC is already down, I'm not even sure if the config will work or not, it should have worked if it had been configured prior to the failure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, thank you for your suggestions, but actually, i don't know what's happened but after i turn off first NIC port and reboot the system, the second NIC port started work. I used ? for different command but couldn' find the command to switch between the NIC.