Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Subscriber- software version mismatch

R_Acuti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm currently running a single server environment that has been upgraded to 11.5.1.17900-52 (SU 7).

I'd like to add a Subscriber but .17900-52 is a non-bootable .iso meant only for upgrades. When we add the Subscriber using the latest bootable .iso (.12900) we get a version mismatch error and seem to be at an impasse. We cannot update the Subscriber to 17900-52 to get it on the same version as the Publisher.

What's the workaround for this?

Many thanks,

Rich A.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would recommend to install the subscriber with the upgrade deployed during installation.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Publisher and subscriber should be on same version. 

if you have latest version of CUCM ISO, move the publisher to the version which you can and install the subscriber on same version .

if you have only non bootable version of the publisher version, you can make the non bootable to bootable.  Video link mentioned below. 

Note:- But this image will not be support on PCD as the HASH values get effected. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfH1HzVYowE

Response Signature

This is a very small environment and we don't use Prime Collaboration Deployment so hopefully the hashing wouldn't be an issue.

Doing a little more digging, there seems to be an option to upgrade the node during installation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/11_5_1/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_0101.html#CUCM_TK_A063311C_00

We'll try this first. If it doesn't work, we'll just upgrade the Publisher to a version with a bootable ISO first, then create the Subscriber, I guess.

You can upgrade the publisher to available bootable version and install the subscriber.  or you can convert the non bootable to bootable on same version. 

Response Signature

I would recommend to install the subscriber with the upgrade deployed during installation.

Response Signature

That's what we ended up doing.  I should have read a little further in depth before posting my question.

Simply follow the installation guide. When the Wizard asks if you'd like to perform and upgrade during the installation process, answer "yes" and use the .iso file of the upgrade file.

Its better  ignore my reply. 

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can reach out to your SE and ask for the bootable media, if you don't have a SE, you may also try TAC if the upgrade while install fails and ask for the bootable media.

FYI, the trick to turn a non-bootable to bootable media is NOT supported by Cisco, we can tell when you do that, and that voids support on the cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the info regarding actions that void support. I'm glad we didn't go that route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: