Views
Helpful
Replies

AIM-CUE - Filesystem type unknown ?

jeremyp81
Beginner
Beginner

Hi there,

I am studying IIUC and I am up to the CUE module. Im pretty sure I have done something stupid. I removed the 1GB CF from the AIM-CUE module, put it in my 2801 CF slot and did a format flash: (I dont know why, I just thought it would let me start fresh ) . Now when the AIM-CUE goes through the boot process I get the following output.

Initializing memory.  Please wait....

256 MB SDRAM detected
BIOS Version: Cisco SE-AIM 01.02
BIOS Build date: 08/14/03
System Now Booting ...[BOOT-ASM]

Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x1
kf: a1 : (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
kf: a2 : (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
in grub_open: (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
kernel_func: kt: 0
in boot func: kt: 0ÿ

I can get into the bootloader and use the boot helper to re-install the CUE files, but I guess if they are on the wrong filesystem type they are useless.

I have searched around and it looks like I need to have the "Filesystem type is reiserfs, partition type 0x83".

Now the only way I can see to re-format the flash to the reiserfs file system is the put the 1GB CF into a card reader and format it with my PC. Im going to give it a try now, but I also read somewhere there needs to be 2 partitions, however Im unsure what size each partition should be.

This is a second hand AIM-CUE so I dont have any support for it. Have I rendered my AIM-CUE useless, or is there a way I can dig myself out of this hole I have created ??

Thanks in advance.

JP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're not supposed to touch the CUE filesystem like that.

CF has a limited amount of read/writes before it stops working.  That's a part of how CF is designed.  If it was an old module, the CF may have reached the end of its lifespan.  The only option I can think of at this point is to replace the module under RMA, but you would need a support contract for that.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jeremyp81
Beginner
Beginner

Ok, so now I have the Correct Filesystem and partition type on the flash. I used ubuntu to format the flash as reiserfs and partition type 0x82 ( Linux swap)

Now I get this output

Filesystem type is reiserfs, partition type 0x82
kf: a1 : (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
kf: a2 : (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
in grub_open: (hd0,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
in grub_open1: /bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
in grub_open2: /bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
in grub_open3: /bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim 1
in grub_open4: /bzImage root=/dev/hda1 ro plat=aim
kernel_func: kt: 0
in boot func: kt: 0ÿ

Now every time it gets to the in boot func: kt: 0ÿ in the boot process it just start over again and seems to be stuck in a constant loop. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated. Willing to pay money if thats what it takes

Just re-install from boot helper.