cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Contact Number configuration in ciscopca in UC8.5 su1

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I know the user can configure alternate contact number over the TUI, but can they configure it in CiscoPCA?  Thath is how the users are most familiar with.  We have both the messaging assistant and the personal call transfer rules enabled but I cant find clear indication of how to configure the alternate contact number in the GUI.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually, that’s not the alternate contact number, that’s an alternate extension (used for inbound matching of calling numbers for automatic login purposes). Alternate contact numbers are manually entered dial strings that can be associated with one key rules that allow you to have your greeting note something like “to reach me in the lab, press 2” – if 2 is mapped to an alternate contact number it can contain any dial string (so long as it passes the restriction table test of course).

Administrators must configure the user input keys to allow for this (end users cannot do this for themselves) and editing the number can currently only be done by administrators via the full SA or by end users via the TUI – there is no end user access to changing the number (or configuring the menu entry keys at all) via the PCA. M!ddl3f1nger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. The User Guide for the Cisco Unity Connection Messaging Assistant Web Tool (Release 8.x) covers how to do this. Note that the user's Class of Service controls whether they have access to this setting or not. The User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x covers this setting.

Actually, that’s not the alternate contact number, that’s an alternate extension (used for inbound matching of calling numbers for automatic login purposes). Alternate contact numbers are manually entered dial strings that can be associated with one key rules that allow you to have your greeting note something like “to reach me in the lab, press 2” – if 2 is mapped to an alternate contact number it can contain any dial string (so long as it passes the restriction table test of course).

Administrators must configure the user input keys to allow for this (end users cannot do this for themselves) and editing the number can currently only be done by administrators via the full SA or by end users via the TUI – there is no end user access to changing the number (or configuring the menu entry keys at all) via the PCA. M!ddl3f1nger

Thank you Jeff, that is exactly the confirmation I was looking for.  I didnt think it could be done via CiscoPCA but wanted to ensure my understanding was correct. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: