Available virtual memory Alert CM 6.1.4

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Available virtual memory Alert CM 6.1.4

Server CUCM 6.1.4

1 PUB

2 SUBS

Guys on one of my CM Servers I am getting a low Available virtual memory Alert. 30% left of course my Threshold is set to kick off at 30% to alert me. The other 2 Servers in the Cluster seem fine.

Is this anything to worry about?

Would a reboot help?

This is the first time I have seen this Alert

Thanks Tom

ALERT from RTMT

“Available virtual memory below 30 Percent. tomcat (1030 MB) uses most of the memory. The alert is generated on Fri Apr 16 10:19:04 EDT 2010 on node 10.20.16.x.”

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

There is really only one immediate thing you can do which is reboot.

There have been some bugs with this in previous 6x versions that called for an upgrade; however, most people are looking for the immediate solution when to the problem...so reboot it is.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

That's good to know. I had some issues with MSM myself at a client site. Tested fine one day but clean-up failed on every user but one...which was odd. However, the customer migrated to Unity Connection so I didn't get much time to try and figure out what was going on.

Hailey

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

There is really only one immediate thing you can do which is reboot.

There have been some bugs with this in previous 6x versions that called for an upgrade; however, most people are looking for the immediate solution when to the problem...so reboot it is.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David..Okay thanks…it will be time to upgrade soon enough..

BTW I while back you were helping me with a Unity tools MSM issue. I got it fixed it was just a Windows permissions issue.

Thanks, Tom

That's good to know. I had some issues with MSM myself at a client site. Tested fine one day but clean-up failed on every user but one...which was odd. However, the customer migrated to Unity Connection so I didn't get much time to try and figure out what was going on.

Hailey

Unity Connection is the way to do on this deal....Well you know

that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: