cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT and IPCC Extension Field Format

Donald Loyer
Level 4
Level 4

I am unable to export an Insert User BAT file when adding info to the IPCC Extension Field.

Example:

203 Extension in INTERNAL-PT

303 Extension in INTERNAL-PT

The 203 will be the Primary Extension

The 303 will be the IPCC Extension

Users (BAT)

Assumtion that all other required Fields are also added to User BAT file First Name, Last Name,User ID,Telephone Number, Controlled Device

Enter "203 in INTERNAL-PT" (without quotes) into the Primary Extension field

Enter "303 in INTERNAL-PT" (without quotes) into the IPCC Extension field

Attempt to export to BAT Fornat and receive this error pop up

IPCC Extension may have numbers and characters '*','#','X','[',']','^','+','?','!','-' only.

Without the IPCC Extension field User export works without issues.

Does anyone have insight to the format of the IPCC Extension field?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Donald,

I am assuing that you are using the Users option in the BAT file to upload.

I hope you are modifying the controlled devices in the users page to 1 from default 0, and providing the MAC address of the phones in the newly created controlled device parameter column in the users page.

Also please only use the Directory numbers in the Primary and IPCC extention fields. eg: 203  (primary extension), 303 (IPCC extension).

This should work.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

michael.windon
Level 1
Level 1

Donald, i am not sure what version anchoudh is using but i am using a bat.xls from version  8.6.2.22900-9 and i was trying to update the IPCC Extension of existing users. Its clear the xls has a bug because because on the BAT User update page it clearlly states the IPCC Extension should be in the same format as the Primary Extension which is (DirectorNumber [up to 50 numerals] in Partition [up to 50 Characters], optional) but the bat xls will throw a error IPCC Extension may have numbers and characters.... What help me out is i just put the extension followed by a *, such as 1101* then export. Then in text editor do a replace on * with in myPartion. Then boom! it works good luck and hope im not too late!

It looks like even in 10.5 it is the same problem; bat exporter does not like "_" character on the IPCC extension. The best solution as Michael suggested is to replace partition name with a replaceable group of chars (ex: Part1 > *1*, Part2 > *2* etc.). And then just replace it in txt editor.