Views
Helpful
Replies

Behaviour of "Direct Calls" rule with "attempt forward"

holbech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could somone please explain what should happen when I make a rule under "Direct Calls" and set the action to "Attempt Forward" ?

It looks like it matches on the DNIS, but instead of forwarding to the greeting of a match, it do a transfer to this object.

Unity 4.0(3)SR1.

If this is working-as-designed, is there any way to forward to the greeting using a single rule ? (I need to match 600 diferent call handlers using this rule, so I would like 1 rule instead of 600 :)

Thanks

Claus

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The "attempt forward" conversation is very simple - it searches for the forwarding number in the call and see's if it matches the extension of a call handler or subscriber in the database - it then forwards the call to that object.

This is unusual for a direct call - for forwarded calls Unity will automatically skip the transfer rule on the handler and go to the greeting rule to avoid transfer "loops". If the call is direct, however, that skip wont be made and it'll go through the transfer rules first.

so you can either update the call handlers to turn off their transfer rules will will force all calls to those handlers to to to the greeting rules or you can change how calls are ariving into the Unity box to have them be forwarded instead of direct.