Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF unavailable icon hiding behind BLF status in IP Communicator

I am running the latest Cisco IP Communicator (version 8.6.1) and I have this strange problem with the BLF indicators.  I am getting a valid BLF status, as indicated by the line in use in my screenshot.  But I am always seeing the BLF unavailable icon (the ugly grid) behind the status icon.  I do not believe this to be normal.  Does anyone else get this?  Would anyone have an idea of how I can make that go away?

I should also note that I am running this in Wondows 7 64-bit.  And to make the application run, I have to adjust the shortcut to launch in compatability for Windows XP SP3, and also Run as administrator.  I am sure that this could be causing the problem.  Just curious to see if anyone else has seen this.

BLF-Problems.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's supposed to be the dial-pad which signifies that you can press it for speed-dial purposes. The BLF status is always overlaid on top of that. If memory serves the only exception to that was on the grayscale phones. Either way this behavior is hard-coded into the phone firmware. You can't change it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's supposed to be the dial-pad which signifies that you can press it for speed-dial purposes. The BLF status is always overlaid on top of that. If memory serves the only exception to that was on the grayscale phones. Either way this behavior is hard-coded into the phone firmware. You can't change it.

Yuuuuck!  That's nasty behavior.  It won't be the first time I knock Cisco on style points.  But thank you for confirming that so that I didn't dedicate any more time to "fixing it".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: