cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blind Transfers Error

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone else receive the following error when you try a blind transfer through Unity 4.0.4SR1, TSP 8.01b, CM 4.1.3sr1

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 550

Date: 8/16/2005

Time: 7:33:43 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY-VM

Description:

Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

No reponse was received on port 2 while performing a blind transfer. This is a serious failure, and most likely parties involved in the call will be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the blind transfer actually work, or was it disconnected? We've seen some issues with blind transfers with TSP8.0.1b for which there is a special available from the TAC, however sometimes this error may occur even when things work fine. Essentially from the unity port things didn't end gracefully but CallManager may have routed the call just fine.

No the CFwdAll/Blind Transfer fails. The caller simply hears MOH indefinately. I did do a Port Status Monitor and you can see the call being routed correctly to the subscriber and then to their Standard greeting and then record the VM message.

Like I said the caller hears only MOH. Also the subscriber receives a blank 180 second VM message which is my default max message size.

Anway, I downgraded my TSP to 7.0(4)b and everything appears to work fine.

I did call Cisco TAC and they did send me ES 3 for TSP 8.0(1)b. ES3 has several fixes for Blind Transfers.