Views
Helpful
Replies

Block unwanted IP Addresses from coming into Call Manager

jerry harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Jerry Harris and my question is can I block unwanted IP Addresses from coming into Call Manager. We have an Admin Server which pushes the information to our Call Manager. A device is on boarded into our Admin Server and that information is pushed to the call manager. The device gets it's IP address from the dhcp server which is in 172.16. x.x range. We are having an issue with 192.168.x.x addresses showing up in Call Manager when we go to  phone > find for all devices this is when we these IP addresses showing up as unregistered /unknown. Can I set up a translation pattern or rule to block these IP"s ?

Best Regards,

Jerry Harris   

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you would need to address this via your routers/switches and ACLs.

CUCM doesn't care about the IP of a device, or where it's getting it from, as long as the device is properly configured, or auto-registration is enabled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, I have a similar post that captures the same issue. Please review https://communities.cisco.com/message/215254#215254

Not sure what you want me to review, Dan has already explained it's not possible.

HTH

java

Jaime, after reading my post I can see how the problem may be a bit misleading, I have updated my post. 

Answer remains the same, the ONLY config on which CUCM might validate the IP from which the request is coming, is a login/logout request from EM. And at that point, the phone has to be already registered.

There is no way to filter IPs from which devices can register in CUCM, and in consequence, no way to tell CUCM to do something to devices that come from other IPs.

HTH

java

Copy that!  Thank you Jaime.

jerry harris
Level 1
Level 1

Jaime,

Thank you for the answer to my question.

Best Regards,

Jerry Harris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: