cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Administration - Directory Number Voicemail Profile

Robert Lake
Level 1
Level 1

I am tryingg to figure out a way to bulk change the voicemail profile for a random sampling of extensions in Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.5. I know you can do this if there is some sort of unifiing feature between the extensions like Route Pattern, Line Description, CSS, etc. but I don't have that unifing feature because they are truly random.

I tried doing a phone update from custom file (extensions) and then changing the CSS(Phone) to something unique to the phones that I want to update the lines on. I then went to Phones > Add/Update Lines and queried that CSS(Phone) that I changed those phones to. But, when I do that if some of the phones had multiple extensions on them those extensions show up as well in the query...

Is there a better way to update the voicemail profile on just the extensions that I want to do it on?

Background:

We are moving to a differnent voicemail system but we have to do it in batches. Due to the fact that we are cutting over departments so I will only have the extension available to me to do the update.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could move phones you wanted to up to new Device Pools, then update the lines in those device pools if you wanted to the new VM profile.   Otherwise, export all the phones details, then delete the columns you are not going to use, but are required.  (MAC, LINE, PT, etc).   Change the vm profile and then upload, update, and you are done.   The device pool is a little easier because it can be done all through CUCM GUI interface.  But you need to figure which phones are moving to the new vm system.  If you can move them to a temp DP, you can move them back later to the normal DP after hours.   You are basically just using the DP to help sort phones/lines out to do updates.

Thats an interesting approach but I think I accompish the same thing with the method I was using with changing the CSS(Phone) to something unique.

What I am not seeing is a way to update the extensions voicemail profile from a custom file. Which would be way easier. I have been racking my brain to why that feature isn't in Bulk Administration...

Your other method is so tedious, especially due to the fact that each group will be 200-300 phones.. Any other insight? I think the best way might be to just do it the way I was thinking and copy out the full extension list obtained before I run the update line job from the phones obtained through the Update Phones from Custom File query then do a diff on the original file of extensions and the new list then go back and change those phone lines back (there shouldn't be a whole lot of multi-line setups). Still a bit tedious but maybe less so then that other method.

Please let me know if I am missing something though.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm facing the same issue. We are migrating from Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging to Office 365. The Server team wants to migrate by Department. Which means filtering by DN is not an option in BAT because the DNs are random. I'm not a programmer so the solution given in this thread will not help me. I was considering the DP or CSS change you mentioned here but I would still have to touch each individual line to do it that way. If you found a different way I'd like to know. Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: