Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Greeting in Cisco Unity

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Everyone,

i record busy greeting for my extension and set the busy trigger to 1.

scenario 1: when someone try to call me from inside and I'm in call i hear the busy greeting.

scenario 2: when someone try to call me from outside and I'm in call i hear the busy greeting.

scenario 3: when someone call from outside to call handler that transfer the call to me and i busy, i hear the standard greeting and not to busy greeting.

any suggestion why i cant hear the busy greeting when someone call to my extension from call handler.

9 Replies 9

On unity, Advanced>Conversation >Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call see if its enabled. No enabled, enable the check box and try.

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

Hey Nithin

thank you for your response.

i check and this box is mark on my environment.

any other idea? 

Isnt that the configuration of the Call Handler and what its telling it to play or do?

Hey Jersey Jim,

what do you mean? i cant understand you.

What I was thinking is that once a call gets to a call handler, the call handler “handles what happens next” as in play’s the standard greeting, transfers to another ext, etc….. You mentioned it plays your standard greeting, my guess was that the call handler is configured to do that. Does that make sense?

Regards,

Jim

i was confused, Last (Rather than First) Redirecting  doesn't effect  your scenario. Busy greeting should over rider the standard greeting.

Let me test  this on my lab.

Response Signature

Hey,

I'm know that this parameter is not the problem, but he ask me so i answer.

in the decontamination of Cisco i read that the busy greeting should over rider on the standard but from some reason its not work.

i think that the problem is some parameter in the unity, but i cant find this.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe that is WAD, when CUCM sends the call over to CUC it does tag it as forwarded by CFB, and it can tell is should use the busy greeting because of that.

CUC DOES NOT monitor your phone, how do you imagine it could tell your phone is busy if your call is already in CUC??

As it has no idea of the status of your phone, it uses the standard greeting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime,

first i want to thank you for your response.

about you answer, i know that CUC dose not monitor my phone and cannot know if he is in call.

maybe I have a mistake , but when you configure call input in call handler you have the option transfer type : "Release the switch",  when you chose that CUC not handle the call he send it to phone system in out case CUCM , because of that i thought that its should work because the CUC send that call to CUCM and then CUCM handle the call and send it with tag of CFB to CUC.