cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler-Subscriber Config

KEVIN STEWART
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help understand the best way to configure the following. It would be easier if the transfer option was the same for subscribers and call handlers. Here is the scenario:

Between the hours of 9 am EST through 6 pm EST (office hours) if an outside caller either dials A manager's extension (7-1001) - or - selects his name via dial by name, the call is automatically forwarded to the operator, i.e.,

After hours, 6 pm EST through 9 am EST if an outside caller either dials Manager's extension (7-1001) - or - selects his name via dial by name, the call is automatically forwarded to him. If he does not pick up . . . the call will go to his voice mail.

4 Replies 4

milucero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I understand what you are asking for, the best way to accomplish this is to set the schedules up on his account in Unity.

Take a look at this guide, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800878e3.html#96860 (This is for 3.1 systems, but it is pretty much the same on 4.0)

You will define the times that the different schedules are active (under the greetings section on the subscriber page) and then either set a recording or select a blank one, and then set the after greeting action to go to a Callhandler that transfers the call to the appropriate extension.

Mike

That would work fine, but how can someone leave him a voicemessage during the day then? There would be no way around the schedule correct?

You can set the call handler up that it goes to during the day to take a message that's left for that subscriber - that'd probably be the easiest way to go.

Ok..understood if no one answers at the front desk say, but what if the person at the front desk needs to transfer someone into that person's voicemail? How can they acomplish this during the day? What number would they transfer to?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: