cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call not forward to designated persons

kope
Level 1
Level 1

I am totally new on this, but running into a problem as below; and attempt to fix this issue.

Someone modified the voice greeting on an ip phone. This ip phone is where employee will dial-in and leave a message if they can come to work or not in the case of bad winter weather situation. Once the employee left a message; it will automatically forward the message to the supervisors voice mail. The problem is after he/she modified the voice greeting on that ip phone; it is no longer working. The supervisor is not receving the voice mail.

Can someone please give me some starting points WHERE to look into on this problem?

The Call Manager is using 6.x.; the Unity version is 2.0.1. I have the extension on that ip phone; and the extensions on the supervisor phone.

I have access to the Call Manager and the Unity (they are one single appliance).

thanks,

1 Reply 1

kope
Level 1
Level 1

ok, i noticed the Alternate Greeting for the "After Greeting" is "take a message".

I think this should be point to a Call Handler instead. Right?

The call flow is supposed people dial to this extension, leave a message, and automatically transfer/forward to the supervisor's voicemail

How do I set up to forward to supervisor's extension? Is this something to do with Call Handler Owner?

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: