cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Receiving Incorrect VM Greeting

markpexa1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with a call tree not going to voicemail. We are using Unity Connection 8.6 and Call Manager 8.6. The call tree is setup as follows:

• 1835 is called and goes directly to a system call handler
  • When option 4 is pressed, the caller is transfered to 6835
  • If NA on 6835, the caller is transfered to 1800.
  • If NA on 1800, the caller should be transfered to the voicemail greeting

What currently happens is the call will reach the final destination and get transfered to voicemail, but callers will get the "welcome to Cisco Unity Connection" greeting. If I call 1800 directly I get the correct greeting. At first it sounded like a CSS issue, but I checked and it looks correct to me. Any feedback is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely because CUC is looking at the called number 6835 to route the call and not 1800.

Change the routing rules or add 6835 as an alternate extension (if not already used in a VM box)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely because CUC is looking at the called number 6835 to route the call and not 1800.

Change the routing rules or add 6835 as an alternate extension (if not already used in a VM box)

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Added as an alt ext in CUC and it worked.  Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: