Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't generate CSR on Expressway E

Anees Ur Rehman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to generate the CSR to renew the certificates on expressway C/E. It worked on ExpC but it's giving attached error on ExpE. It seems there was no CSR generated previously and certificate was uploaded with a private key instead of local CSR. Do anyone know how to discard existing private key or CSR to generate new CSR?

Private key creation failed: Please disregard the generated Certificate Signing Request.
CSR creation failed: Could not generate Certificate Signing Request.

Thanks

Anees

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you try to generate a bogus CSR with simple information, does it work?

If you uploaded an externally generated certificate + private key that has nothing to do with you not being able to generate a CSR, and you cannot delete any of those without causing problems.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Thanks Jaime,

The issue is resolved now. 

The CSR was not generating so I tried uploading certificate with private key which gave me error "the certificate upload failed, try again". This error made me realize something is wrong with expressway so I gave it a reboot. After reboot I am able to generate CSR. 

BTW the old certificate was revoked, so that might be preventing the system to generate CSR. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you try to generate a bogus CSR with simple information, does it work?

If you uploaded an externally generated certificate + private key that has nothing to do with you not being able to generate a CSR, and you cannot delete any of those without causing problems.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime,

The issue is resolved now. 

The CSR was not generating so I tried uploading certificate with private key which gave me error "the certificate upload failed, try again". This error made me realize something is wrong with expressway so I gave it a reboot. After reboot I am able to generate CSR. 

BTW the old certificate was revoked, so that might be preventing the system to generate CSR. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: