Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't use voicemail from remote site

xuexiaoliang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a few phones on remote site registered in CUCM at main site through WAN. The phone functions are fine. However, I can't access voicemail from remote site phones either by pressing message button or dial voice mail pilot. It's just silence and the timer is counting. But when I use other phone to call that phone, it forwards to the voicemail correctly. I configured a same user for remote user at main site, it worked fine. Both CUCM and Unity Connection are 8.0. Any one can help?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like this could be a codec issue, so it appears the call is connecting but you hear nothing, correct?

When you are connected what codec do you see (double click ? on 79XX phone)?

What voicemail system do you have? What codecs is are enabled on it (advertised)?

What is the codec defined between the phone's region and the region assigned to either SIP trunk if using SIP integration or voicemail ports if using SCCP?

Chris

Thank you, Chris,

Q: Sounds like this could be a codec issue, so it appears the call is connecting but you hear nothing, correct?

A: Yes, the phone shows connected to voicemail XXXX(pilot), but I hear nothing.

Q: When you are connected what codec do you see (double click ? on 79XX phone)?

A: From main site, it shows g.711ulaw, from remote site, nothing.

Q: What voicemail system do you have? What codecs is are enabled on it (advertised)?

A: The voice mail system I have is Unity Connection 8.0. I enabled g.711 (both ulaw and alaw) and g.729

Q: What is the codec defined between the phone's region and the region assigned to either SIP trunk if using SIP integration or voicemail ports if using SCCP?

A: I integrated using SCCP, the codec defined are g.722 and g.711. G.722 advertisement has been disabled.

Also, when I use IP communicator on my laptop which is totally fine in main site, it's just not working when I use VPN connect from home (The phone function is fine, just voicemail not working properly).