cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can users be setup to use the same phone for 2 separate Cisco Agent accounts?

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

That title may be worded incorrectly or be misleading so here is what is going on. There is a user who, unbeknownst to anyone, has been using her coworker's Cisco Agent login when she has been required by her director to help cover phones. Anyways, we found this out because one day she couldn't login to her counterpart's account (I presume because she changed her password and didn't tell her) and then tried to login to hers (which hasn't been setup).

The director doesn't feel the need to get a new phone and phone number for the user, and wants me to find a way for her to have her own separate login, but using the same phone.

Is this possible for 2 different users to use the same extension when logging into Cisco Agent (not at the same time).

This is a two line phone so I could add an extension to this phone if that would work instead. One user use the first line to login, one use the second line.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can achieve that through Extension Mobility. Check the link below for step-by-step procedure:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12210496/configuring-extension-mobility-cucm-10x

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You did not specify if this is UCCX or UCCE, assuming UCCX the only solution is double login, first with extension mobility and then agent desktop/finesse.

Actually, CCX does support multiple agents having the same IPCC extension. You would simply associate User A's phone to User B as well and set the same extension on both users' IPCC Extension attribute. Only one can login at a time of course.

Having said that, I typically recommend what Chris is suggesting because Extension Mobility would allow the caller ID to accurately reflect User B for inside calls. It would also allow User B to receive their normal calls while sitting at User A's desk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: