cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we get rid of "redirecting number in IE" message for CER 911 calls?

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi There,

Cisco CUCM version 8.03, CER 8.5, DMS-100 PRI, MGCP configured with "Redirecting number in IE-Outbound" option checked on gateway.

When we do 911 tests with CER involved, the voice gateway receiving the redirecting number in IE---911 message:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '4861234567'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '911'

Original Called Number i = 0x00000281, '911'

Redirecting Number i = 0x000082, '911'

The call finally is routed to wrong PSAP with strange CLID displayed on their end, such as 4869110085, and the carrier told us that we are sending 911 as the ANI from their logs.

But if without CER involved, the gateway has the message:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '4861234567'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '911'

And the call can be correctly routed to the proper PSAP with the right CLID.

Although on MGCP gateway we can uncheck the option of "Redirecting number in IE-Outbound" to solve the above 911 calls issue with CER involved, unckeck this option may impact other applications.

Therefore my question is:

Is there any fix or workaround to have CUCM not send redirecting number information for 911 calls only in MGCP environment?

Thanks,

JJ

2 Replies 2

mike
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  I'm seeing a similar issue with a carrier masking the calling number with the Bill To Number based on the redirecting field plan being set to "UnKnown".

Old issue I know but I have the same issue here at two sites.  MGCP DMS-100 PRI.

Call is routed to PSAP (correct PSAP) with strange CLID displayed, such as 6139110270, and the carrier told us that we are also sending 911 as the ANI.  They suggest the redirect number is part of the problem.