Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot receive voicemails on the phone, but I can receive it over outlook

Hi guys,

I'm facing an issue with unity 7, the same integrated with Exchange 2010, I can receive voicemails as email in outlook (UM), but when I access voicemail from the phone I've got there is no new voicemail, also MWI not working.

I've collected the error message below:

"An attempt to create a search-result folder for account cn=k_qarni,cn=Recipients,ou=First Administrative Group,o=Mara has failed.  The MAPI subsystem returned the following error: 80040106.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem. "

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Naoufal

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Naoufal,

Does it say that you have no new messages when you check from the phone?  If so, chances are the search folders need to be rebuilt on Exchange.  See the following post about how to obtain MBXClean from TAC and the steps to perform this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3010706?tstart=0

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks man.

I'll check and come back to you.

Naoufal.

Ritu Raj Singh
Level 1
Level 1

*Need to use MBXClean utility. (if you don't have it on the server, get it from TAC)

--> also attached below. try this if getting any errors, than contact TAC.

Open a cmd window but run as the Unity messaging account. Use this cmd window to run MBXClean.exe. And use the following switches:

MBXClean.exe -r -s -i

where is a text file listing all subscribers alias on each line.

With the above command line, MBXClean will clean all Unity search folders for the subscribers listed in the .

And use the following switches:text file listing all subscribers alias on each line. With the above command line, MBXClean will clean all Unity search folders for the subscribers listed in the .

To find the list of Exchange subscribers' aliases, use the following SQL command: 
   select uid from Subscriber where SubscriberType = 1

Restart Unity. Search folders for each subscriber will be rebuild next time when he login.

Note that the search folders for a subscriber is rebuild when he login the next time. So there will be a performance hit when he login. On a large system, if MBXClean is run on the weekend, on the next Monday morning when most people return to work and check their messages, the performance hit will be worst at that time. But once the search folder is rebuild after the first login, it won't get rebuild again.