Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Subscriber installation looping at network

Justin94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I recently took over a network and cisco phone system. The previous admin never created a subscriber CER server. I'm attempting to get one setup and am running into an odd issue. I'm trying to install version 14.0.1.11900 since that's what our publisher is on.

After entering all of the relevant info during setup and installing files, it asks about the publisher info and then attempts to connect to the publisher. I actually get a message that says it was able to, but when the installation proceeds it just loops through all of the "Configuring Network" type checks endlessly. Occasionally it will go back to "Setting the hardware clock to the first node's time" and then have prompts to re-enter network info again. This repeats endlessly and the installation never finishes.

I've tried deleting the VM and restarting multiple times, I've chosen different options, I've confirmed the security password for the publisher is correct (had to reset it), and the subscriber hostname is properly added to the publisher and resolves to the correct IP with the DNS entry I created. 

The only thing I can point to so far is that on the "Running Connectivity Validation" step where there are 3 items, it does hang on item 1 long enough that it goes into extended time for a few minutes before continuing to the remaining steps.

Thoughts? My next steps are to open a TAC case at this point, or try to install a different version.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

A different version would not work. I’d think that TAC would be your best option.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Thank you, oddly, after leaving it for about 45 minutes it finally moved forward and completed successfully with the subscriber connected correctly to the publisher. Very odd. This is solved!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

A different version would not work. I’d think that TAC would be your best option.

Response Signature

Thank you, oddly, after leaving it for about 45 minutes it finally moved forward and completed successfully with the subscriber connected correctly to the publisher. Very odd. This is solved!

Patients is a virtue. ‘:-)’

Glad to hear that you have managed to solve your problem.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: