cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change calling number/external mask of CUTI Call

Kirt
Beginner
Beginner

NOTICE: I've reposted this question in a more appropriate spot: https://community.cisco.com/t5/communities-of-interest/change-calling-number-external-mask-of-cuti-call/m-p/4732623#M355

I'm using the CUTI (Cisco Unity Connection Telephony Interface) API to make internal calls. I can successfully make calls and play uploaded Audio clips. I'm also using the AXL API to change a given extension's 'Forward All' so that I can call out. For example:

I have internal ext 1111 with its external masked being 123-456-7890. If I set 1111 to forward to 111-222-3333 then when I have CUTI call 1111, 111-222-3333 receives a call from an unknown source. If I call 111-222-3333 directly from 1111 (not using CUTI or forwarding) then 111-222-3333 sees 123-456-7890 as the caller ID. 

I see there being 2 potential solutions:

1. I somehow assign the CUTI call its own ext and mask

2. I set up our phone system so that it does not forward the original caller's caller ID, but the last used one.

I'd prefer solution 1 but will take solution 2 if need be. 

If it helps, checking the CDR of CUTI's calls shows its Call Number to be null. 

Thank you for any help.

3 Replies 3

Roger Kallberg
VIP Expert VIP Expert
VIP Expert

As this is related to use of an API I’d recommend you to post your question over on DevNet as that is a better suited place for this type of question.

Response Signature

Thank you for the heads up. For anyone curious here is a link to my repost in the corrected spot: https://community.cisco.com/t5/communities-of-interest/change-calling-number-external-mask-of-cuti-call/m-p/4732623#M355

Nithin Eluvathingal
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

I hope you are referring to Cisco Unity Connection Telephony Interface (CUTI)

I think the first option will be better, but I am not if it's doable. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers