cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change timezone for Unity 4.03

mmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I just had to change the timezone information for the Unity server. I had forgot that the system defaults to PDT and I needed it to be EDT. So I changed it on the server and the voicemails are now reflecting the correct timestamp. However in PCA, the time stamps are still showing PDT. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The web based clients should be pulling the time zone from the local box they're running on - the messages are actually stored in GMT and are converted by the clients in question (i.e. the Unity phone conversation, Outlook, web clients) using the time zone they are configured for.

I checked on my own client and I am set for EST and yet the PCA is still reflecting PDT. The subscribers are set for EST. Just a quick note, in the platform conversion, I used DIRT to backup and restore the databases. Not sure if that matters.

Well, chatting with the client folks they ran some tests - turns out the server side time zone is used after all (seems odd to me, but hey). But they suggest that you may need to restart the "tomcat" service before it'll reread the local time zone and start using it for the web clients. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

follow up to this - the PCA _should_ be using the time zone of the subscriber - this is an open bug: CSCeg51736.

bingo!

Restarting the Tomcat service took care of it. Many Thanks!