Views
Helpful
Replies

Change to UPN for LDAP configured CUCM

pclarkson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
I have a question in relation to CUCM 9.1.2 and LDAP syncronised users.  Today I have a cluster that is syncronised with LDAP for account creating for Extension Mobility users and also access to the ccmadmin and ucmuser pages. This is currently syncing with the sAMaccountname ldap field for authentication.

We are proposing to change the UPN from our current format of USERNAME1@Privatedomain.local to USERNAME2@Publicdomain.com.  The Pre 2000 windows account will stay the same as Forest/USERNAME1.  I wanted to check whether there are any systems or fields that use the UPN for Call manager and if so what scenario so we can check.  From teh research I have done to date it seems we should be ok but as this is a signifcant change I would like to get verification of this before I confirm to our AD team that we are happy with the proposed changes.  If you could please comment or supply any documenation in relation to this that would be great.

Thanks,
Phil

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM really only cares about the filed you sync as userID, and that's the one it will use for all internal processing, the LDAP configuration guide explains what fields we sync from LDAP, and if you can choose from various LDAP options, or not.

If the domain changes, but they keep their sAMaccountname the same, you will only need to delete the sync agreement, and recreate with the new domain and user/pwd.

If you were using the email as URI in your deployment, then this might also change.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We are in the process of changing UPN for O365 deployment. On the few test accounts, once the UPN is changed, users are unable to login to Jabber, UserID is SamAccountName which hasn't changed. Changing the UPN back to origional does not fix the login issue. Has anyone run into this?