cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Voice Prompts - MeetingPlace 7.1

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change the MeetingPlace 7.1 main menu prompt.   I just need to remove the "To reach an assistant", "Press 0" and "Then press #" prompts at the end of the main menu prompt, we have no assistant. I see that it is series of .wav files, can I truncate the three I don't need?   I see instructions to record a new prompt, hope I don't have to do that.

Thanks,

Beth

3 Replies 3

Jacob Killoy
Level 1
Level 1

Beth,

The prompts you're looking for are 433, 42, and 1739 and they are stored in /opt/cisco/meetingplace/application/prompts/en_US.

If you want to remove these, they can be overwritten with the silent prompt which is s214.wav. However, if you overwrite the "press 0" and "then #", they cannot be used by other MeetingPlace IVR events so this will break some functionality of the system.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Jacob,

I was able to find the prompt numbers and where they are stored.  What I was hoping was to just truncate the main prompt and comment out or remove 433, 42 and 1739.  Can I do that?

thanks,

Beth

Beth,

It isn't possible to change the script which calls the prompts so unfortunately the only way to remove a prompt is to replace it with the silent prompt (s214.wav). This will cause problems though if you remove prompt 42 and 1739 since the system will no longer be able to play the "press 0" and "then #" in any situation.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: