cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP/Hostname CUCM, CUC, CCX, IM&P

zulfi
Level 1
Level 1

I Have a customer who is running following application/version in a backup DataCenter and would like to move the UCS server in a different physical location.

The goal is up upgrade all the applications to versions 11.x either before or after a physical move.

So my question is around caveats of changing IP/Hostname and should we change IP/Hostname before or after the upgrade ?

CUCM: 9.1.2
UCCX:  9.0.2
IM&P:  9.1.1
Unity Connection:  9.1.2

I Know for CCX Cisco does not support changing the hostname in any version of CCX below 10.0 but introduced support for it with the 10.0(1) release

So I'm looking for overall strategy for an upgrade and the physical move.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the 'Network Migration feature of Prime Collab deployment PCD that allows you to migrate the 9.1.1 IM&P and the 9.1.2 CUCM to be migrated to version 11.0 with a change in IP/hostname

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110_chapter_011.html

This migration is not supported in CUC and UCCX so either you first upgrade them and then do a ip/hostname change. Then take a backup and reinstall with same version and restore the backup on new hardware. If the existing hardware does not support 11.0 version then first install the 9.x versions on new hardware and do a restore of existing backup. Then do the hostname/ip change and upgrade.

Manish

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: