cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC 8.6.2 Getting Runtime error when opening (Fresh Install)

Hi all,

I am trying to install CIPC 8.6.2 to a user's computer. I already tried the workaround of deleting the Communicator folder in the User folder and deleting the registry. I attached the error we get after opening CIPC and this is after a fresh install. I am not sure why it is happening. 

9 Replies 9

What happens if you "Run as Administrator"? Also, what operating system and java version are you running?

Are there other instances of CIPC that are working and it is just this one that is not? If this is the first, can you try installing on a second PC to see what happens?

Also, if you are running a Windows machine you need to make sure there is a valid output device. So a laptop should be fine, but if it is a desktop make sure you have a headset plugged in before launching.

Try these out and let us know.

Maren

Hi,

I did run it as administrator and the install went properly. I was able to open CIPC, do the audio tests (laptop) and enter the TFTPs. CIPC runs and tries to register and then the runtime error pops up.

The user is on Win7 but I was not able to validate the Java version but I assume it is Java 8.

I'm glad the install finished. When you launched CIPC did you also launch with "Run as Administrator"?

yes, I did. But the runtime error pops up everytime.

Drat. I was hoping that was the fix. OK... Try this: Change the shortcut to have it run in Compatibility Mode with Windows XP SP3.

Another possibility would be to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Distributable software on the PC.

Is this the only PC on which this is happening? If so, my research suggests there is another application interfering with CIPC, but the options for figuring out which one aren't pretty.

Java version 1.8.0_161

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

As Mahoney suggested, running as Administratior might resolve your issue. If not please try the below as well.

1. Exit IP Communicator (Make sure it is not running in the Task manager/Process)
  2. Delete all the registry keys
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Communicator\
  3. Uninstall IP Communicator manually from control panel.
  4. Disable the firewalls on PC
  5. Grant admin rights for user account temporary.
  6. Install CIPC again.
  7. Run IP communicator with the user account.
  8. Remove administrator rights from the user account.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I did this already except for the disabling the firewall. I will check on that and see if it helps.
Thanks!

H-Alashi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all;

personally I've faced exact issue, after having RTMT running problem in "Java"

so I did search and try to fix it by following  instructions; 

Which i believe it doesn't  fix RTMT problem and cause what you already in,  

because i tried many solutions and it didn't fix, until i delete the Java variables I did add manually.

so generally check on Java issues, 

When that happens, the easiest solution that has been tested on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 is:

• ■ Open the Control Panel
    ■ Go to System
    ■ Go to Advanced Systems Properties
    ■ Then Environment Variables
    ■ In System Variables, click Add
    ■ New Variable Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
    ■ New Variable Value: -Xmx512M
    ■ Click OK

That's it, your Java program should now be able to execute properly.
For those interested, Java -Xmx/s is the configuration parameter that control the amount of memory Java uses.

• ■ Xmx sets the maximum heap memory size
    ■ Xms sets the minimum heap memory size

Hope it was helpful

Best Regards,