cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4331 with NIM-4FXSP and CUCM 10.5.2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

According to the documentation I can find, the NIM-4FXSP is supported under CUCM 10.5.2.  However, it doesn't appear as an option for cards when we look in the system in setting up a 4331 (there is a NIM-4FXS).  What device pack is required to get the NIM-4FXSP to appear?  I've been through a tone of the release notes on device packs, google,etc., and am not finding any mention of it.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

According to that guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-733646.pdf there is not difference between FXSP and FXS.

Unbenannt.PNG

And are you sure, that the 4331 router is supported by 10.5.2? The router model is a new model, CUCM 10.5 is end of everything since years.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

According to that guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-733646.pdf there is not difference between FXSP and FXS.

Unbenannt.PNG

And are you sure, that the 4331 router is supported by 10.5.2? The router model is a new model, CUCM 10.5 is end of everything since years.

It's certainly configurable, so I would assume it's supported (the docs I've seen say it is).  Customer is planning to upgrade, but they haven't done so yet.  Like a lot of customers, they are not very happy with Cisco's new licensing model where they have to rent, and never own, their licenses. But that's a whole different discussion. 

Are you trying to register those ports as MGCP devices? If you have the ISR configured as a SIP gateway with dial peers pointing to CUCM, that would certainly work.

While that would work, we're just trying to replace a device here.  Not going to try and re engineer stuff unti they get the upgrade to the UC servers done.