cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager version 9.x will deleting / changing NTP & DNS break licensing?

dianareyes
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I thought I'd reach the Cisco experts since I haven't been able to find documentation on this yet...

I recently ran a utils diagnose test on the CallManager servers both PUB and SUB and getting different failures - see below;

utils diagnose test - Output from the Publisher

test - validate_network : Both Primary and Secondary DNS Servers Failed
test - raid : Passed
test - system_info : Passed (Collected system information in diagnostic log)
test - ntp_reachability : Warning

The host XX.XX.XX.XX is not reachable, or it's NTP service is down

test - ntp_stratum         : Failed     

utils diagnose test - Output on the Subscriber

test - validate_network : Error, intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to [XX.XX.XX.XX]}

What led me to run these tests, is a DB replication issue I'm trying to also fix - RTMT current status setting at 3 - which explains the intra-cluster failure.

My concerns/questions is will deleting and changing the NTP & DNS potentially break licensing?

Running Cisco CallManager version 9.x

Any assistance or suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Diana

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Diana,

Since you are on 9.X, I believe there should be no impact to licensing. You may just need to delete the existing CUCM instance and re-add it back and synchronize in ELM.

Secondly just in case, there is any issue with licenses, licenses will go into a grace period of 60 days, nothing breaks imso you will have 60 days to re-host. In that case, simply open a case with the Global Licensing Team by emailing them licensing@cisco.com (or from TAC portal) and they should be immediately able to assist you.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diana,

I agree with Terry, the license would have been impacted on a 8.x cucm cluster by changing NTP as it would have changed the license mac, but not on 9.x and higher versions.

Manish

Hi Terry and Manish,

Thanks for the input!  I appreciate it.  I will give it a shot.

Cheers!

Diana 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: