Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE - CSSM License Not Work

solihul.hadi9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Buddy,

I have a case about cisco cube can't connect to CSSM , actually that device already config , below this : 

ip name-server x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
ip http client source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
license smart transport smart
license smart proxy address proxy.cisco.com
license smart proxy port 80
license smart url smart

license smart trust id_token x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.xx.x.x. blah

But i get error appear like this : 

%SMART_LIC-3-COMM_FAILED: Communications failure with the Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) : Unable to resolve server hostname/domain name

I believe my device can reach tools.cisco.com , 

Anysuggest ? 

Respectfully,

SH

1 Reply 1

Can you do name resolution on the gateway, have you tried to resolve something that you know is in the DNS servers that you point to with the name-server configuration?

In your configuration I’m doubtful on this specific line “license smart proxy address proxy.cisco.com”. I don’t think that this is correct, that is if your not configuring a device at Cisco, but I don’t think that is the case. The proxy needs to point to something that is related to your system landscape. What is the proxy address that your regular clients use to reach internet? I also think that this line is unnecessary “license smart url smart”. If your using CSSM the url for that is predefined in IOS, so you don’t need to configure that. It’s only when you use an on-prem SSM system that you need to define this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: