Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Enhance UCL license for Jabber iPhone

hi experts,

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows  with one "Enhance UCL" license?

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows + one iPhone Jabber  with  one "Enhance UCL " license?

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one iPhone Jabber with one "Enhance UCL" license?

tks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jabber IM&P is nothing but a term when there is integration with IM&P server so that you can monitor the presence status of someone using Jabber such as Busy, Available, Lunch etc

However, you will still need to install Jabber for that to work either on Windows, IPhone, MAC etc which will of course need to register to CUCM first and will use a license. So, answer is same that you will need two Enhanced UCL licenses for this as well or else 1 Enhanced Plus UCL License if you will be assigning both these two devices to a single end user.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Hi Karen,

8845 requires UCL enhanced license.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-734730.html?cachemode=refresh

secondly,if u are using Jabber for windows/iphone/ipad and android associated to a single owner userid, license consumed would be CUWL Standard because of count being more than 3.

Lastly, u mentioned about Jabber for IM &P, it is more like a user being assigned in IMP server.

In your case, license would be UCL Enhanced Plus since device count is 2.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Yes you can have your requirements met with the enhanced UCL license, refer below doc for reference:

Table 2.       Cisco User Connect Licensing Options for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

Essential UCL

Basic UCL

Enhanced UCL

Enhanced Plus UCL

Device types supported

Analog, fax, Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905, and Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901

Essential UCL plus Cisco Unified IP Phone 7811 and 7821 endpoints

All Cisco user devices*

All Cisco user devices*

Number of user profiles

Number of devices supported

Cisco Jabber IM and Presence

Included

Included

Included

Included

Cisco Jabber for Windows and Cisco Jabber for Mac

Included

Included

Cisco Jabber for Smartphone and Cisco Jabber for Tablet

Included

Included

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

if I refer to your doc , then is the below statement correct ?

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows  with one "Enhance UCL" license?  -- Yes ?

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows + one iPhone Jabber  with  one "Enhance UCL " license?  -- Yes ?

- Can I have one 8845 phone + one iPhone Jabber with one "Enhance UCL" license?  -- Yes ?

Q1.Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows  with one "Enhance UCL" license? 

Answer : No, you will need two Enhanced UCL licenses for this or else 1 Enhanced Plus UCL License if you will be assigning both these two devices to a single end user

Q2. Can I have one 8845 phone + one Jabber Windows + one iPhone Jabber  with  one "Enhance UCL " license? 

Answer : No chance, you will need three Enhanced UCL license for this. Since you cannot assign more than 2 devices to an end user if you are using UCL license hence you will need to go for CUWL licensing that allows to associate more than 2 devices (upto a maximum of 10 I beleive) to an End User. Though you can counter this by assigning two devices i.e., one 8845 and one Jabber for windows to User A and Jabber for Iphone to User 2 but in case you need all three devices to one dedicated user, then CUWL is what you will need.

Q3.  Can I have one 8845 phone + one iPhone Jabber with one "Enhance UCL" license?  -- Yes ?

Answer : Same as mentioned above for Q1

Also, refer to below link which has a very good explanation on License Calculation:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117600-technote-cucm-00.html#anc3

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

I confused with these two :  Jabber Windows  vs  Jabber IM&P

If I use  one  8845 phone  and one Jabber IM&P  , then one "Enhance UCL license" is enough ?

K

Jabber IM&P is nothing but a term when there is integration with IM&P server so that you can monitor the presence status of someone using Jabber such as Busy, Available, Lunch etc

However, you will still need to install Jabber for that to work either on Windows, IPhone, MAC etc which will of course need to register to CUCM first and will use a license. So, answer is same that you will need two Enhanced UCL licenses for this as well or else 1 Enhanced Plus UCL License if you will be assigning both these two devices to a single end user.

Regards

Deepak

thanks Deepak and Aman, clear now.

Hi Karen,

8845 requires UCL enhanced license.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-734730.html?cachemode=refresh

secondly,if u are using Jabber for windows/iphone/ipad and android associated to a single owner userid, license consumed would be CUWL Standard because of count being more than 3.

Lastly, u mentioned about Jabber for IM &P, it is more like a user being assigned in IMP server.

In your case, license would be UCL Enhanced Plus since device count is 2.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: