Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Desktop license

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

I need your support in understanding the below Cisco Jabber license :

JAB9-DSK-CLNT-UCM  description : CISCO Jabber for Desktop User License 9.x for UCM only.

my first question :

As I know Cisco Jabber for Desktop needs IM&P or WebEx server , for the attached license, Is it a must for existing IM & P server ( as it is not included on the BoM) and license for the IM &P server ?

my second question :

what is the license description for UCM only as I need to use it as a phone mode (i.e with CUCM only ) and for phone mode for the authentication Is it needs IM & P or I can use UCM only ?.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ahmed Ellboudy | CCIE # 30079 Voice      

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm a bit confused where you even found that part number as I do not see it in the 9.x ordering guides. Can you give some context on why you're using it?

Generally speaking the IM&P functionality is free under the Jabber for Everyone promotion and the UC functionality is included as part of a UCL or UWL license.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Dears ,

can any one help me for a detailed steps for configuration of Cisco Jabber as phone mode?

as the below did not clear to finish it .

Thanks ,

Ahmed Ellboudy   CCIE 30079 Voice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: