Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco mobile 8.0/8.1 with Call manager 8.0

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi
I want to configure cisco mobile 8.1 with call manager 8, I was read cisco mobile deployment guide

could you please provide to me sep by step  cofniguration process,

***Do I need a licence for cisco mobile,
***Can I use cisco mobile with a VPN connection
***I have Checkpoint firewall, What will we do firewall configuration,

if you know any different mention this case please explain me

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

choiwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, did a quick research and looks like you need some type of license "VOIP-IPH-LIC" and as far as VPN is concerned, it should work with Cisco VPN Client built in to the iPhone and I'm unaware on how you can configure Check point firewall and hopefully someone else can assist you with the config

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

choiwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, did a quick research and looks like you need some type of license "VOIP-IPH-LIC" and as far as VPN is concerned, it should work with Cisco VPN Client built in to the iPhone and I'm unaware on how you can configure Check point firewall and hopefully someone else can assist you with the config

Yes I see  "VOIP-IPH-LIC  licence information, but ı dont know  how can add licence file the system,

Hello need to help this question please.

Hi,

That license you see, namely VOIP-IPH-LIC, is a right-to-use license. That means, it is not a PAK, nor a license file (like DLU) that you can import to your CUCM. Instead, it is the kind of license that makes your use of the software "legal".

On the other side, you will need DLU(s) for the iPhone client you are willing to add to CUCM (3/device as far as I remember, but you can always check it on the CUCM using the License Unit Calculator).

Basically what you must do on CUCM is to create a new device of "Dual mode for iPhone" type and give it a TCTXXXXXX name, where XXXXX can be any alphanumeric pattern you like. Then you create a SIP user on the system and set the new device you added to be managed by that user (and also use those SIP credentials for SIP Digest).

Then use the same device name and credentials on the iPhone application..

(At least those are the things I remember, hope that helps.)

Hello emresumengen, Thanks for reply, I understant that  , use  licence file for iphnoe  VOIP-IPH-LIC,

but I did not understand  DLU  Also, will I use  only TCTXXXXX format ?

Hi,

You are right, DLU is not the appropriate term for licensing under CUCM8. DLU stands for device license units but for CUCM8, I should have said UCL (User Connect License). Does that make sense?

Hi,

Where can  I add licence iphone or  CUCM8 ? How can licence device,

Thanks

Sorry, I've missed your reply...

If you're asking about how to add your licenses for iPhone on CUCM8, you'd do that in the Unified CM Administration page. (System -> Licensing -> License File Upload)

You should get your license file from Cisco Licensing Portal (www.cisco.com/go/license), but details of this should be provided with your purchase.

By the way, to make things clear, by "licenses for iPhone" above, I meant "required DLUs for iPhone devices you want to register".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: