Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Presence Server 8.5 Application -> Cisco Jabber menu option not available

Dear Support,

I am trying to configure cisco jabber with Presence Server 8.5. All the documentation indicate that jabber option in Presence must be configured in the Application -> Cisco Jabber menu, however this menu option is not available in my Presence Server. Anyone know why this is happening? I am using CUCM version 8.6.1. I installed the jabber client for windows in two Windows 7 machines and I have presence and IM funcitonalities but I can not make calls or activate other features like video, desktop sharing and so on.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

Roberto López.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just use the CUPC config options, Jabber will get the same config.

Don't forget the config.xml file on CUCM

Desktop sharing requires CUCM 8.6(2)+

All explained in the Jabber deployment guide.

Video must be enabled in the CDC, in CUCM.

For calls jabber needs to integrate with the directory and must be able to resolve the DN from the user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just use the CUPC config options, Jabber will get the same config.

Don't forget the config.xml file on CUCM

Desktop sharing requires CUCM 8.6(2)+

All explained in the Jabber deployment guide.

Video must be enabled in the CDC, in CUCM.

For calls jabber needs to integrate with the directory and must be able to resolve the DN from the user.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction.

Just one more question. After installing jabber for windows on a couple of laptops and signing in, the call option (right click on contact or telephone icon located right to the contact)  is not available right away meaning that I have to wait a long time for it to appear or if I start a call from the "search or enter number to call" field then all call button and options are enabled. Do you have any idea why this could be happening?

Best Regards,

Roberto.

When you right click a user or click the phone button Jabber pulls the info from the directory, my best guess is that your LDAP directory is not running smoothly and does not provide the info right away. Or you could have latency in your network which causes that. A bootleneck, etc.

HTH

java

HTH

java