Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime and its monitoring and reporting limitations

Cory Kostyniuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have currently been working with a Cisco Gold partner for over 6 months to try and implement Cisco Prime as a monitoring and reporting tool after our global upgrade to CUCM and backend Telepresence infrastructure.  Suffice it to say Cisco Prime has not worked in the manner advertised and our Cisco partner is currently working with their development team to understand the issues.  The summary of problems we experience are as follows:

1) Data - Not consistent, no available, not reliable which has lead to a complete lack of confidence in the product

a. Historical DAta lost as a result of re-applying PCA licenses

b. Friendly names not consistently appearing in reports (when you can get a report to run)

c. endpoint diagnostic page only shows a single DX unit and not ALL

d. Under device group ALLits not reporting registration statuf for any of the 637 items it actually sees, can't see any of our CTS3000, CTS1000 and so on

e. Zero data displayed on ALL Dashboards

2) No Show Data for TP meeting booked is not reporting properly or at all

3) Performance via the web interface is horrific when using the product over the WAN, our UC infrastructure is in purpose built DC's in the UK and when accessed from our Canadian or Bermuda offices the page load times is noted in minutes.  Apparently this is a known issue but still rubbish.

As a result I'm looking at alternative products such as Sciencelogic which I appreciate may not be in the interest of this particular forum but I'd like to know what other products in Market produce the same/similar results as Cisco Prime.  Really i'm looking for an inventory, reporting and alerting product capable of monitoring our entire UC estate globally while reporting on real time and historical TP utilizaiton. 

Cheers

Cory

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Might want to move your thread to the Prime Collaboration section of the forum where the it is actively discussed so they can best help with your issues and concerns with the product, you can move your thread by editing and changing the categories at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Patrick, my bad.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Skipping past your Cisco Prime issues (as I'm not an expert on Prime at all), but as a quick answer on your last question about your basic Cisco TelePresence management and reporting requirements, Cisco TelePresence Management Suite may perform a number of those inventory, reporting and historical utilisation functions.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another vendor I have heard of in this space is Vyopta. I have not worked with them personally so I cannot speak to it beyond a general awareness.

2edc3rfc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cory,

I believe Aruba AirWave should do what you want. It supports multi-vendor networks.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/management/airwave/

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AW.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: