Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Provisioning Manager 2.1 bulk service area detailed configuring

bchenery88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I'm really stuck and need some help desperately.

I have bought Cisco Provisioning Manager 2.1 for 5000 handsets and I have isntalled the product ok however I am now at the stage where I need to configure the service areas. I have some 45 sites which equates to about 350 service areas.

Service Area for each site with the following differences:

- Odd Device, Present CLI

- Even Device, Present CLI

- Odd Device, Restrict CLI

- Even Device, Restrict CLI

Can someone please advise me a way to bulk configure these detailed attributes with some tool or a let me know of a customer northbound API application that has been written to do make this painful exercise much less painful?

I estimate its going to take me 5 weeks full time to click through each thing and configure it..

Please help!

Cheers

Beau

1 Reply 1

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

You can bulk load (with batch provisioning) the Service Areas...  I did this by exporting my phones into a CSV file from Communications Manager, and then filtered it for the fields required for the SAs.  Then you just follow the instructions for batch provisioning that start here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_provisioning_manager/2.1/user/guide/infrstct.html#wp1051558

I hope that helps...

--Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: