Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 8.x MWI issues Exchange 2010 Disclaimer

AnandK123_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

we have deployed Cisco Unity 8.x with Cisco CallManager release 8.5. We have integrated Cisco Unity 8.x with exchange 2010. Everything works fine without any issues for voicemail service. However when we enable disclaimer within Exchange 2010 or use third-party system to add disclaimer. MWI light on subscriber's phone doesnt turn on if its a internal call. For external calls, MWI works perfectly fine. I understood that it is happening due to Disclaimer policies. However couldnt find any document or solution to exclude Voicemail message from adding disclaimer. Please let me know if anyone who has come across this issue and solution for the same. We can not stop disclaimer.

Regard

Andy

1 Reply 1

I don't know much about disclaimer utilities, but *if* you can filter on the message class as set in Exchange, then you can exclude messages with the class "IPM.Note.Voice.Unity" (regular emails are just "IPM.Note").  This mechanism is commonly used to prevent voicemails from being archived or deleted by mailbox management add-ons.

I suspect the class might be being changed on your problem messages by the disclaimer process, which will cause Unity to not see it as a voicemail.  You can view this class within Outlook 2010 by adding a column for it with the Field Chooser in your Inbox to verify.