cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity and Office 365

tijuanach
Level 1
Level 1

We’ve had Cisco Unity Connection (v. 12.5) configured with Office 365 for years (Single Inbox). It just recently stopped working due to basic authentication being deprecated by Microsoft. Users no longer receive an email when they have voicemail. I tried to configure Unified Messaging for Office365 with Oauth2.0. However, Cisco informed me that if you are in a Hybrid environment that Oauth2 is not supported. We are in a hybrid environment. Cisco said that we will need to use a Cloud-only user rather than an on-prem user. Has this solution worked for anyone else?

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

From what I know you can get this to work with a hybrid setup, but you’ll need to use OAuth for authentication as Microsoft deprecated Basic authentication on the 1:st of October.

Response Signature

mfaccin
Level 1
Level 1

I think im having the exact same issue. Looks like everything stopped on the 24th for us. Unity service account password is not expired but it fails on the test for a single user inbox with error 401. 

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out. I read your post and it all makes sense now. Our environment is the same as yours (hybrid environment). 

I just got ours working again. Go to the link below and click "Task List for Configuring Unifed Messaging." Scroll down to "Task LIst for Configuring Unified Messaging with Office 365." I used OAuth2 authentification. Follow steps 4 and 5, to make changes in Azure Active Directory. If you need any assistance, please let me know. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/unified_messaging/b_12xcucumgx/b_12xcucumgx_chapter_01.html

vandentr
Level 1
Level 1

Following the steps I found here worked for me in our hybrid environment:

https://www.xillioncomputers.com/configuring-cisco-unity-connection-oauth2-for-office-365-integration/

Thanks for the reply. That does look like that's the solution; however, our call manager version is very old and does not support Oauth2. Will need to look into either upgrading or something else. 

Just to be clear it is CUC that needs to support OAuth2, not CM.

Response Signature

Right, that's what i meant. There is no option for that in CUC on version 10.5.X.

Your version is past everything. It is recommended to stay current on the version that is currently covered by support.

Response Signature

jeffrey bray
Level 1
Level 1

For hybrid environments, the service account needs to reside in the cloud.  We had the same issue and putting the service account in the cloud resolved it.

Hope this helps!