cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity connection 10.5 to 11.5 upgrade using PCD 12.6 support?

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Our customer wants to upgrade CUCM cluster (11.5) and  CUC cluster(10.5) to 14.x. So we opted for PCD in-place upgrade for both and took advice from cisco TAC.  since CUC version is 10.5, there is an intermediate upgrade path required. First it needed to upgrade to 11.5 version. so we requested bootable iso for 11.5 (not sure this is required for safe side we did that) from cisco tac and uploaded to newly deployed PCD 12.6 for this purpose.

but cuc non bootable(we uploaded this one as well to make sure this will work or not) and bootable iso file never recognized by PCD 12.6 server? my question is that Does cuc support PCD upgrade from 10.5 to 11.5 or not?

I cannot see anywhere in the CUC 11.5 guide mentioning about PCD upgrade. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you read carefully, then you would see the table heading stating the possible tasks for Cisco Unity Connection, which then answers your question, if PCD upgrade for Unity is possible in general or not, with your PCD version.

Screenshot again, extra marked in yellow...
Unbenannt.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe you should have checked the docs for PCD and not for CUC, because you like to know the features of PCD ...
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126_chapter_011.html#reference_854CD389F09DFF36CB2662BF07C59D60

According to table 5, the following tasks are possible with PCD 12.6:

Unbenannt.PNG

But why don't you just upgrade the server manually?

But is that table mentioning CUCM or Cisco unity connection? As per this table, we went for PCD... But both bootable and non bootable ISO files are not recognizing ... 

Server manual upgrade is possible.  thats not the matter here.  I want to know whether it is possible with PCD or not

If you read carefully, then you would see the table heading stating the possible tasks for Cisco Unity Connection, which then answers your question, if PCD upgrade for Unity is possible in general or not, with your PCD version.

Screenshot again, extra marked in yellow...
Unbenannt.PNG

sorry Im middle of something so didnt go through properly.. thank you very much

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Still ISO file didnt recognized by PCD 12.6 for 11.5. Any body faced same problem? May I know the reason?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: